It has been a while since I've posted; a bunch of things at school have suddenly come up, in addition to my roommate's birthday! Hopefully this lasagna recipe will make up for my missing posts :)
1. 1 box lasagna noodles
2. ~1 lb. ground pork, turkey, beef, or chicken
3. 2-4 cups variety of cheeses (shredded, cut into slices, or crumbled)
4. 3-4 cups spaghetti sauce (I like tomato + roasted garlic)
5. 1 or 2 zucchini (or other left-over vegetables), sliced thinly
6. Minced garlic, as desired
7. Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. Heat garlic and vegetable/cooking oil in skilled on medium to med-high heat for 1 min. Add and cook meat until no longer pink. Add spaghetti sauce and lower heat. Simmer while mixing. Add salt to taste.
3. Short-cut noodle preparation: Cover bottom of a 8x8 pan (or larger, if you want to make a bigger lasagna) with 1 layer of uncooked noodles, slightly overlapping. *The sauces and heat from oven will help cook the noodles, though the final product may be slightly tougher than the long version: boil and drain noodles before using.
4. Put 1/2 of meat sauce over noodles and cover with 1/3 of cheese and neatly-spread zucchini slices
5. Repeat noodle, meat, cheese, and zucchini layers
6. Last (top - 3rd or 4th) layer should be noodle. Cover with cheese.
7. Cover top with foil, bake for 30-40 min. Remove foil and bake another 10 min. or until noodles are fork-tender.